GIF Courtesy: Giphy
There are 5 ways to earn or make money online:
- Affiliate marketing
- Content creation
- SAAS products/services
- Online stores
However, if you are a beginner, you can start with affiliate marketing to earn money online as it doesn’t require any investment or skill or knowledge or any website to make it work. And if follow my below-mentioned guide, you will be able to make at-least 50–100$ minimum every week in 2–3 months itself. To start with affiliate marketing, you need to first select an affiliate marketing program. A product, service, or any business that offers an affiliate marketing program and need to join the same. You can select an affiliate program on the basis of:
- Recurring income - You can select an affiliate program that provides recurring income every month.
- Sign-up income - You can select an affiliate program that provides income for not only sales but also for getting sign-ups.
A few affiliate programs you may look to join are:
- Click Funnels
- Code Canyon
After joining one or more affiliate marketing programs, you need to create content around the products and services you need to promote. You can create 5 types of content to promote the affiliate products or services along with your affiliate links:
- Email - You must collect email from your audience and then send regular or weekly newsletters to them to promote your affiliate products/services along with the affiliate links. You can integrate a welcome email for all the people who subscribe to your newsletter. This welcome email can also contain your affiliate links. However, in the beginning, you can send cold emails as you might not be having an audience to start sending newsletters to. But make sure you don’t spam. Other than that, you can also add affiliate links to your email signature and auto-reply emails.
- Blog - You may create a free blog website using tools like Blogger or WordPress and there you can publish articles, banners, or custom webpages promoting your affiliate links.
- Video/YouTube - You can create your own YouTube channel and publish videos around your affiliate products/services. Make sure to add your affiliate links in the description of your video/s.
- Quora and Social Media - You can use Quora and other social media channels to promote your affiliate links. Quora and most of the social media channels have millions of users. You can reach out to them to check your affiliate links.
- Online Courses - You can create courses around your affiliate products or services and publish on websites like Udemy to attract the right kind of audience on your affiliate links.
Well, creating and publishing content is not enough. To really be successful, you need to work on some tasks to get more traffic on your published content and further to your affiliate links. And for the same, you can work on the below-mentioned tasks:
- YouTube SEO - To get more traffic on your YouTube videos, you must check, review, and implement the best YouTube SEO techniques before publishing your YouTube video. That’s how you can get maximum traffic to your videos and links. You just need to find out the best keyword or keywords to target with your YouTube video and then integrate the same in your title, description, and tags. This will allow your YouTube video to get the best rankings on the targeted keywords at the YouTube search engine and further your video will receive maximum organic traffic.
- Website/Blog SEO - If you have published a blog post or article, you must follow the best on-page as well as off-page SEO practices to get your blog post ranked #1 on the targeted keyword or keywords at Google or any other search engine. A website SEO is much more than SEO for a YouTube video. However, basic SEO for a blog post will be to first find the best keyword or keywords to target, then write & integrate meta tags according to the targeted keywords, and also write & integrate the targeted keywords in your blog post’s content.
- Popular Websites - You must work on getting maximum traffic at your affiliate links from popular websites such as Quora, Udemy, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. These sites have millions of daily active users and that's why you can work intelligently to get these active users on your affiliate links.
Don’t spam. Add value. The first objective is not to get traffic.
But it is to build an audience, and for that, you need to add value.
If you are able to build an audience of thousands of potential customers in the first 2–3 months, you can sell anything to them anytime in the future because they have joined your tribe and they trust you & your knowledge. The reason for it is you provide value to them via sharing your knowledge.